Welcome to ThinfinityUI
This page will help you get started with the Thinfinity UI web interface.
ThinfinityUI enables the Easy-IP Windows Client to run as a Web Application.
This lets you access Easy-IP from any HTML5 web browser, thus avoiding the need to install the Easy-IP Windows Client on every user PC.
Ideally, Easy-IPv7 should be installed on a Windows 2012 or 2016 server, to take advantage of the ThinfinityUI Web Interface.
You could install Easy-IPv7 on Windows 2003 or 2008 server, but in that case, only the Easy-IP native Windows Client is available.
Note: ThinfinityUI is also supported on Windows 10 but will not run on Windows 7,8, or XP.
- Run the Easy-IP installer.
- Check the Easy-IP Client and Easy-IP Web Interface components. ThinfinitySetup.exe will be downloaded automatically.
- Select the Server Environment to install.
Check only the Thinfinity VirtualUI Server. The "Development Environment" is NOT required for normal operation.
- Select the Server Mode to be installed.
Choose Standard Mode. This is the default setting.
- Press Next and wait for the installation process to complete, then press Finish
Note: Thinfinity UI can be installed on Windows 8 or 10 for evaluation, but we recommend Windows 2012 server for production environments.
- Start the Thinfinity Server Manager.
- Go to the General Tab. Ensure the settings as follows:
Bind to IP = All Unassigned
Protocol = HTTP
Port = 6580
- Go to the RDS Tab. Follow the steps below:
Check the box marked "Use this account for RDS session"
Enter a Windows Username and Password.
Click Test to verify that the username and password are correct.
Important: Ensure the RDS user has full Windows Administrator rights and is a member of the Remote Desktop Users group. We recommend creating a dedicated user for the Thinfinity RDS session.
Tip: The RDS user can be created locally on the server or be an Active Directory domain account user.
- Go to the Applications Tab. Ensure the settings as follows:
Uncheck or remove any existing Thinfinity applications
Database path = C:\ProgramData\Cybele Software\Thinfinity\VirtualUI\DB\
Click Add to configure Easy-IP
- In the Application Profiles Editor, add Easy-IP, with the settings as follows:
Name = EasyIP
Virtual Path = EasyIP
Home Page = leave blank
Icon = Upload the EasyIP icon if desired
Application Radio Button = Checked
Default Application = Unchecked
- In the Application Profiles Editor, General Tab, settings as follows:
Program path = C:\Program Files\Easy-IP\EasyIPClient.exe
Arguments = leave blank
Start in the folder = C:\Program Files\Easy-IP\
Resolution = Fit to browser window
Idle Timeout = 0 minutes
- In the Application Profiles Editor, Credentials Tab, settings as follows:
Check "Use these credentials" radio button
Username = your Windows username
Password = your Windows password
Important: This user does not require full Windows administrator rights, but needs permission to run Thinfinity and access any folders Thinfinity requires.
Tip: This user can be the same RDS username as in Step 3, or it could be a different username. Either option will work.
- In the Application Profiles Editor, Permissions Tab, settings as follows:
Check "Allow anonymous access"
Group or user names = leave blank
On receiving your Thinfinity licence, go to the Licenses Tab and click Register
Enter your email and serial number licence details then click Activate
Tip: Copy & paste the information to avoid typing errors.
Restart Thinfinity Server
Once you have completed the configuration, restart the Thinfinity server as follows:
Go to Windows> Start> Run and type services.msc
Search for "Thinfinity VirtualUI Service", right-click and select Restart
Log in to Easy-IP
To access Easy-IP via a browser:
Type in the URL http://127.0.0.1:6580
Or substitute your server IP address, if required.
Click the Easy-IP icon. The Easy-IP login screen will appear.
Once logged in, you should see the main Easy-IP screen.